Our 2018 application is now closed. We will be announcing our grant recipients in January. Our 2019 application will be available in the spring.
Community Grant Funding Guidelines
The Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grants are awarded to charitable not-for-profit 501 (C)(3) organizations whose primary mission is to assist children in need in the Western New York area. In particular, it funds health and social service organizations that serve the disabled and/or economically disadvantaged youth.
Kelly for Kids Foundation's Areas of Focus
- Innovative programs that directly assist Western New York children in need.
- Equipment and physical improvements for organizations dedicated to programs for disadvantaged children and teens.
- The Foundation gives priority to organizations that can demonstrate definitively how the funds will be used.
Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grant DOES NOT:
- Provide grants to individuals.
- Purchase sponsorships (e.g., program advertising, corporate table, golf holes) at the organization's special events.
- Provide funding for public playgrounds.
- Fund local chapters of national organizations that send a substantial portion of the grant to the national office.
- Fund governmental programs of lobbying efforts.
- Provide grants for overhead or general operating expenses.
Proposal Review & Evaluation
Foundation staff will conduct a screening of all proposals to determine eligibility. Organizations whose proposals do not meet initial criteria will be notified of that decision. Applications will not be considered of any of the criteria outlined is not included.
Eligible proposals will be evaluated by the Board of Directors. The committee may request additional information and a site visit or a meeting may be scheduled.
2018 Grant Recipient Luncheon
This year’s grant luncheon took place on January 16th at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant. This year we were able to grant over $250,000 to local charities in Western New York.
Congratulations to the 2018 Recipients:
- Alleyway Theatre
- American Diabetes Association
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ABVI)
- Autism Services, Inc.
- Bison Children's Scholarship Fund
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Boys and Girls Club of Depew Lancaster
- Boys and Girls Club of East Aurora
- Boys and Girls Club of Holland
- Camp Good Days
- Celebration of Life
- Children Awaiting Parents
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
- Cradle Beach
- David's Refuge
- ECMC Foundation
- Embrace Recovery Buffalo
- Explore and More Children's Museum
- Food Bank of Western New York
- Foundation for Deaf Education
- For our Daughters Incorporated
- Gilda’s Club of Rochester, Camp Open Arms
- Gillam-Grant Community Center, Inc.
- Hunter's Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaolo Scholarship Fund
- Infinity Visual and Performing Arts Inc.
- Olmsted Center for Sight
- Pittsford Youth Service
- Plymouth Crossroads
- Pursue Your It Foundation
- R2R Ministry
- Roanchar Ranch Draft Horse Rescue
- Rural Outreach Center
- St. Joe's Collegiate Anthony Martino Memorial Fund
- Suburban Adult Services, Inc (SASi) Moving Miracles
- Suneel's Light Foundation
- The Jeffrey Michael Sgroi Foundation
- Tre and Associates (Willie Hutch Jones Educational & Sports Program)
- University District C.D.A. Inc.
- Western New York Physically Challenged Youth Sports
- Westminster Economic Development Initiative (WEDI)
- Wings Flights for Hope
- WNY STEM Hub